- Hey! This is Lydia the Lifestyle coaching helping anyone who is ready to have permanent food freedom.
- I did an interview with Maria recently (check it out HERE). She is so amazing. After 30 years of binge eating, she is now free. For her, it took her about 3 weeks of us working together before she was done.
- But that was AFTER she made the choice. I couldn't help her until she made the choice to get free.
- And not every person makes that choice. There are people who will live the rest of their lives binge eating because they don't choose to do what they need to beat this.
- So I asked her. Why did YOU make that choice? You didn't know it would work for you. You hadn't worked with me yet.
- She said, "Yeah, I had that fear for sure. But I don't think you should ever give up hope until you have tried everything"
- Can you imagine if Maria would NOT have made the choice to do what she needed to? She was THREE WEEKS away from being done with a 30-year cycle. And she could NOT have done that.
- I don't want any woman to live the rest of her days with food struggles just because something got in her way a few inches from the finish line.
- So...3 things that keep us from winning
1) Not being decisive - We did a study of 80 people who didn't choose to get the help they needed when they had the opportunity. 6 months later, 50% of them had the exact same problem. And for 50% of them, it had gotten much worse. Decisiveness is a key to freedom. The data shows us that people who don't fix their problem now, don't fix their problem. When they have the chance and they don't take it, it actually stops them an inch from the fishline. So what do we do? Be ready now. Commit to yourself that if the answer to ending this is in front of you, that you won't let it get away.
2) Thinking it's already been too much - A huge fear that holds women back is "I have already tried so many things and nothing else has worked. What if I do this and this doesn't work?" I get it. That feeling is valid. I have coached women who are already in 100k of debt from things they have tried that haven't worked. I had a woman who graduated from my program, binge free after 25 years. She had tried everything else and none of it worked. But what would have happened if she would have said "it's already been too much. It's already been 25 years. What if I fail again?" She would still be a binge eater! Instead ask yourself "what if I have tried so many things, and I don't do that one last thing that will finally end this?"
3) Listening to fear - I did a whole video on fear. But this is a third thing that makes women quit 1 inch from the finish line. Recognize fear as the SAME voice that has kept you in the same cycle. Your chatter brain always sees change as danger. So it will say all sorts of things to keep you from changing. Including the change of having food freedom. There are the obvious fears "what if it doesn't work?" "what if it does work?". But I want you to be smarter than that and see the HIDDEN fears. "Oh you are going to be ok" "Things are getting better" "You should try this on your own some more" "Maybe you should try that other thing again" "You should probably talk to some more people before you fix this" "You totally get this stuff, you just need to read another book to find the piece you are missing" - Do you see how all these thoughts are THE SAME THING? Fear doesn't want you to change. All these thoughts stall you and keep you stuck. So when you have the opportunity for food freedom and you have thoughts come up, ask "Is this thought getting me closer or further away from fixing this RIGHT NOW?"
- If you are tired of the race. Tired of the exhaustion. If you want the race to be over and reach the finish line, you can book a free session at www.LydiaWente.com/apply
- Lydia, the Lifestyle Coach